In all this talk about giving up TV, I’ve decided to list some of the things I’ve already given up:
- reading a book just because it is a “classic”
- most of my VHS tapes (even Tommy Boy and Funny Girl, some of my favorites)
- several books to Half Price Books (although this was to make room for more books)
- the idea that my house will ever be really clean again due to one uber-slobbery dog.
- watching a movie just because it is “arty” and “cool” (Sorry, Fellini)
- the idea that I will ever fit into my clothes from high school again, even though Ted’s wardrobe is currently made up of such clothes.
- worrying about what other people think.
- wearing sandals in the summer (orthotics and sandals don’t mix)
What have you given up?